House Republicans will gain the power to issue subpoenas, schedule depositions and convene hearings. It’s appropriate for House Republicans to look at the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan. He says the focus here should be on piercing the Chinese government’s ongoing coverup. McCarthy’s priorities for the new House majority include investigating the finances of the president’s son, Hunter Biden. Other items on the list cast doubt on the seriousness of the incoming majority. A nod to “election integrity” raises the prospect that the party will peddle lies about the 2020 election.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.