Frida Ghitis: GOP's latest big lie about the FBI's search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago home is dangerous as it is false. She says GOP leaders vowing to investigate the FBI have no basis for their accusations of abuse of power. Ghitis says the media should rethink its role in helping to stoke another MAGA meltdown. She asks: This is yet another dangerous moment in which Republicans are fanning the flames of indignation with lies, unfounded accusations and baseless conspiracy theories. This time, media should reflect on its own role in enabling the GOP to tear down our democracy.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- Opinion 3 reasons Yale Law was right to quit the U.S. News rankings
- Opinion Trump’s tired justification
- Opinion The army is back at the center of Pakistan’s politics
- Opinion Congress gets to see Trump’s tax returns. It shouldn’t have taken so long.
- Opinion Forget about Kari Lake’s loss. Here’s the biggest sign of Arizona’s moderation.