Frida Ghitis: The FBI executed a search warrant at Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida this week. She says the search is part of an investigation into the potential mishandling of White House documents. Ghitis says the GOP is behaving with gross irresponsibility and should await the results of the probe. She notes that it's unclear whether the improper retention of records constituted a violation of national security, a threat to democracy, or any other grave abuse. It's a serious offense that shouldn't be dismissed, but it's so far unclear whether Mr. Trump’s retention of these records constituted national security or a threat of democracy, she says.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- Free speech is when you pay me, to be quite clear.
- Why a true criminal justice reform may require more police
- Gee, thanks for taking this small effort to safeguard my same-sex marriage.
- China won’t be able to continue with its “zero covid” policy indefinitely.
- Sam Bankman-Fried is illiterate. That reveals all to us.