Ruben Navarrette: U.S. and Mexico have plenty of tough issues to deal with, from inflation to migrants. He says Andrés Manuel López Obrador has pushed for greater control over Mexico’s energy markets. The Biden administration has no choice but to push back, he says, but it's right to consult with Mexico over the issue. The main victims of his policies are likely to be Mexican consumers and business, who will have to pay more for energy, he writes. The United States is standing up for its own interests and, in a real sense, the best interests of Mexico's people, too.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- Free speech is when you pay me, to be quite clear.
- Why a true criminal justice reform may require more police
- Gee, thanks for taking this small effort to safeguard my same-sex marriage.
- China won’t be able to continue with its “zero covid” policy indefinitely.
- Sam Bankman-Fried is illiterate. That reveals all to us.