Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) showed what it means to stand up for truth and democracy, says Julian Zelizer. Zelizer: Too many Republicans have supported election deniers in their party in midterm elections. He asks: Where are the current GOP officials who claim to reject MAGA delusions, such as Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson or the seven Republican senators who voted to convict Trump at his second impeachment trial? Zelizer asks: If we lose democracy, we lose the country — not just policy preference on immigration, trade or government spending, he says. He writes: Maybe it is time for the Cheneys, the Hogans and other Republicans who deplore the “big lie” to vote Democratic or start a new party
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- Reader feedback The Post: Who are we turning into?
- Opinion Forget about Kari Lake’s loss. Here’s the biggest sign of Arizona’s moderation.
- Opinion The army is back at the center of Pakistan’s politics
- Opinion The West is finally waking up to the real problem in Iran
- Opinion Youngkin is right to focus on building more housing in Virginia