Julian Zelizer: Senate Republicans rejected the PACT Act, which would provide veterans with health benefits. He says the GOP's reversal on the bill seems to be motivated by payback. Republicans threw a temper tantrum because they were angry over the agreement between Sen. Joe Manchin and Sen. Schumer on the Inflation Reduction Act. Zelizer says Democrats should learn Jon Stewart's righteous anger, blunt language, mastery of facts, determination to call out the GOP’s bad faith. In the abortion realm, Democrats should be clear, he says, it is the height of dishonesty to say that abortion bans are “pro-life” and that they are ‘pro-choice” Zelizer writes. It is a lie to say
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- Free speech is when you pay me, to be quite clear.
- Why a true criminal justice reform may require more police
- Gee, thanks for taking this small effort to safeguard my same-sex marriage.
- China won’t be able to continue with its “zero covid” policy indefinitely.
- Sam Bankman-Fried is illiterate. That reveals all to us.