The share of manufacturing in India’s gross domestic product has remained stubbornly low, at about 15 percent. Indian growth has been driven by services, most famously in information technology. Dhiraj Nayyar is the director for economics and policy at Vedanta Resources.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- Reader feedback The Post: Who are we turning into?
- Opinion Forget about Kari Lake’s loss. Here’s the biggest sign of Arizona’s moderation.
- Opinion The army is back at the center of Pakistan’s politics
- Opinion The West is finally waking up to the real problem in Iran
- Opinion Youngkin is right to focus on building more housing in Virginia