Breonna Taylor was fatally shot in the chest by police officers in Louisville, Kentucky, in March 2020. Breonna's mother: "Today’s overdue, but it still hurts. Breonna didn’t deserve that" The Justice Department has announced federal charges against four current and former Louisville police officers involved in the botched police raid that killed Taylor. Let's hope the Justice Department's efforts finally deliver accountability for the officer who shot Taylor, who was killed in the death of her ex-boyfriend, will finally be charged in federal court. The police officers are charged with falsifying information to gain access to Taylor's apartment and cover up their actions.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- Free speech is when you pay me, to be quite clear.
- Why a true criminal justice reform may require more police
- Gee, thanks for taking this small effort to safeguard my same-sex marriage.
- China won’t be able to continue with its “zero covid” policy indefinitely.
- Sam Bankman-Fried is illiterate. That reveals all to us.