Ruben Navarrette: The FBI searched the home of former president Donald Trump in Florida. He says it's the kind of thing that could only happen in countries run by “tin-pot dictators” Conservatives fumed on Twitter that the FBI had searched Trump’s Florida home. He asks: "If this is what they’re able to do to the former president of the United States, think about what they could do to you" Navarlette: The next time it appears that you have run afoul of the Presidential Records Act by taking classified documents home, the FBI will obtain a warrant from a judge to come to your combined residence and country club.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- Opinion The army is back at the center of Pakistan’s politics
- Opinion Congress gets to see Trump’s tax returns. It shouldn’t have taken so long.
- Opinion Forget about Kari Lake’s loss. Here’s the biggest sign of Arizona’s moderation.
- Opinion In Belarus, a champion of democracy suffers solitary confinement
- Opinion India needs to jump-start manufacturing. Here’s how to do it.