Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) reportedly wasn’t included in talks between Sen. Joe Manchin III and Sen. Charles E. Schumer. Julian Zelizer: The deal is largely in line with her preferences in past negotiations. Closing of the carried interest loophole has been a boogeyman for Ms.Sinema from the beginning, but it is in the bill before her today. Zelizer says the bulk of the burden would fall on the richest and those who need it not at all. He says the bill would raise rates on those earning less than $400,000 per year, contrary to Biden's pledges.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- Opinion The army is back at the center of Pakistan’s politics
- Opinion Congress gets to see Trump’s tax returns. It shouldn’t have taken so long.
- Opinion Forget about Kari Lake’s loss. Here’s the biggest sign of Arizona’s moderation.
- Opinion In Belarus, a champion of democracy suffers solitary confinement
- Opinion India needs to jump-start manufacturing. Here’s how to do it.