Rep. Kim Schrier, a Democrat representing Washington’s 8th Congressional District, says voters are worried about inflation, gas prices, health care, climate change. David Gergen: Democrats in special elections in Nebraska and Minnesota have over-performed compared with 2020 presidential race. He says Schrier's district is rated as a toss-up, but she now has more ammunition to make her case. Gergen says Democrats must win races to have any chance of keeping GOP victories to a minimum, let alone holding the House of Representatives, let's hold the GOP majority in November. He asks: Schrier: For her, the recent string of Democratic legislative victories is a huge deal.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- Opinion 3 reasons Yale Law was right to quit the U.S. News rankings
- Opinion Trump’s tired justification
- Opinion The army is back at the center of Pakistan’s politics
- Opinion Congress gets to see Trump’s tax returns. It shouldn’t have taken so long.
- Opinion Forget about Kari Lake’s loss. Here’s the biggest sign of Arizona’s moderation.