If the United States seeks to prevent governments throughout the globe from abusing spyware, it must first watch its own actions. That’s why a New York Times article claiming the FBI was on the verge of deploying one of the world’s most contentious hacking tools is so frightening.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- Reader feedback The Post: Who are we turning into?
- Opinion Forget about Kari Lake’s loss. Here’s the biggest sign of Arizona’s moderation.
- Opinion The army is back at the center of Pakistan’s politics
- Opinion The West is finally waking up to the real problem in Iran
- Opinion Youngkin is right to focus on building more housing in Virginia