China’s reaction to coronavirus pandemic has fostered the most serious threat to its rule in more than 30 years. Protests are fueled by pent-up frustration caused by some of the harshest anti-virus lockdowns and restrictions in the world. The World Cup tournament has shown thousands of fans packed into stadiums without masks, angering citizens and forcing censors to block out crowd scenes. President Xi Jinping and Foreign Minister Wang Yi have been seen traveling the world without masks. Ironically, Hong Kong’s handpicked chief executive returned home and tested positive for covid.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.