Frida Ghitis: U.S. has sent at least 26,000 Haitian migrants to their home country since Biden administration took office. She says the U.N. has done little in Haiti beyond issue tepid statements of concern. Ghitis says the international community's response to the situation is silence. She asks: A “Haitian-led solution” is a chimera, and without intervention, suffering will deepen.Ghitis: Without muscular international intervention, the country’s suffering will continue to deepen. To ignore that reality is to be complicit in the world”s disregard for Haiti.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- Free speech is when you pay me, to be quite clear.
- Why a true criminal justice reform may require more police
- Gee, thanks for taking this small effort to safeguard my same-sex marriage.
- China won’t be able to continue with its “zero covid” policy indefinitely.
- Sam Bankman-Fried is illiterate. That reveals all to us.