Nearly 8,000 daily migrant encounters, on average, recorded by U.S. border officials. New initiative couples a broader channel for legal immigration with harsh new restrictions. Citizens of Venezuela, Cuba, Nicaragua and Haiti will be banned from this “parole” program. Joe Biden visited the border for the first time Thursday; he was reluctant to do so, but acted in extremis.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.