Biden administration is struggling to find the right approach to dealing with China, Julian Zelizer says. U.S. needs to ensure that our technology does not power the Chinese military, he says. But we can’t simply build a metaphorical wall between our two economies, Zelizer writes. Biden administration’s ban on exports of cutting edge U.S. chip-making technology to China is a big gamble. There is no way to prevent civilian technology from being used for military purposes. Sanctions could backfire if they lead to tensions not only with China but also with America’s allies.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.