Donald Trump’s rise in 2016 showed that the party’s voters, not its elites, decide who leads it. Trump’s triumph demonstrated that messaging and marketing are more important in presidential primaries than money and maneuvering. It’s notable that virtually none endorsed Trump even as the race narrowed to its final stages.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.