Frida Ghitis: Republicans trying to blame Democrats for any carnage that might result. Refusing to raise the debt limit, or even coming close to default, would be catastrophic. Debt limit doesn’t authorize any new spending; it enables the federal government to make IOUs. Defaulting on our debt might cause a global financial crisis. He says Democrats want a clean debt-limit increase, period. Instead, they passed an unfunded tax cut that added $2 trillion to the deficit.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.