Frida Ghitis: Clerk Cheryl Johnson deserves a standing ovation for her calm presence in the House. She says she has been the calm presence at the front of the House chamber, keeping order. Ghitis hopes she inspires young people to realize there are ways to serve the country without shouting.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.