When it comes to corporate interests and those of workers or consumers, which side are Republicans on? They cheer when Elon Musk attacks Apple, but whose life does that affect? For most Republicans, the concern about the power of technology companies goes no further than whether far-right trolls are allowed on social media. Congress and the Biden administration are trying to avert a potential strike by rail workers. The sticking point is paid sick days, which workers are denied, meaning they can be punished for going to the doctor or staying home when they’re ill. This is an extension of the GOP’s efforts to combat “woke” corporations.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.