Pano Kanelos, 53, who, like Saul Bellow’s Augie March, is “an American, Chicago born,” claims, “I grew up in a Greek cafe.” Kanelos, who was the first member of his extended family to attend college, is now establishing a university.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.