Jeb Bush: Panama has been key to the Iranian regime’s continued survival. He says 16 percent of the world’s shipping fleet, by deadweight tonnage, is registered in Panama. The ships are at the core of a smuggling network that helped the regime export $30 billion worth of oil. Panama appears unconcerned about ensuring that it is not helping a U.S. adversary evade sanctions. Since 2020, Panama has deflagged just 18 of 130 vessels of concern, they write. Now, incredibly, Panama wants to lead the International Maritime Organization.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.