After World War II, Henry “Chips” Channon attended a high-society event in London with Lady Cunard. He marveled at how quickly normality had been restored for those whose normality was especially enviable. His companion asked dryly, “Why, are they all Poles?”.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.