Dartmouth College cut out live tackling during practice in 2010. Coach Buddy Teevens: People sometimes misconstrue what we do. We tackle every day in practice, but we tackle inanimate objects, not people. CTE is a degenerative neurological disease caused by repeated blows to the head. Horton Teevens was instrumental in getting the Ivy League to eliminate full-contact tackling during regular season practices.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.