ChatGPT has caused concern about its ability to produce coherent and credible pieces of writing. There are obvious workarounds, such as laptop-equipped students writing essays in class. But there’s another fix that might have been worth implementing even before ChatGPT arrived. Even for older students and adults, writing by hand is a more cognitively involved process. Writing by hand requires you to put a filter on what you’re producing in a way that typing doesn’t. The dump-and-edit method isn’t necessarily an inferior way to produce quality writing.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.