November’s elections revealed that we remain a 50-50 country. The grinding of red and blue plates beneath the surface of American politics continues. Despite strong showings in places as disparate as Florida and Iowa, Republicans got lucky with Democratic overreaches in New York state. Frida Ghitis: Donald Trump’s dinner with Kanye West and Nick Fuentes sparked fierce criticism. She says the former president’s demand for overturning the 2020 election backfired. Debates provide huge audiences for GOP critiques of President Biden’s policies, she says.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.