Jennifer Finney Boylan asks why Rep. George Santos felt it necessary to deny being a drag queen. A former friend of Santos’s, Eula Rochard — a Brazilian drag queen — posted a photo of him in a sequined dress. She wonders what was there about wearing a dress that was somehow more shameful. Crowley: It can’t be good to have this element folded into the larger story of the congressman as a liar and a deceiver.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.