Millions of acres of land became an inland sea; thousands of people were killed. He says megastorms likely to happen again; events funnel moisture from Pacific Ocean to the west coast. Writers: California is not ready for another ARkStorm. They say a major storm could flood thousands of square miles, kill thousands and cost $1 trillion. Writers: We are not helpless in the face of extreme events. But we must do more to increase our resilience.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.