Bob Greene: Confederate monuments are being taken down, and the debate is dying with a whimper. He says for decades, it seemed impossible to purge Confederate iconography from our common spaces. Greene: The Lost Cause is dying now, thanks to activists, Donald Trump and de-Confederateization. She says when it came to the Confederacy, sunlight was fatal for politicians who backed the Lost Cause.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.