Which of these two presidents has more dominion over the Republican Party? It isn’t really close, even as Trump has not persuaded some of the MAGA members of the House GOP to vote for Kevin McCarthy. No matter how much there’s a “turn the page” breeze blowing, this is Trump’s party far more than Reagan’s. The optimism of Ronald Reagan has been replaced by Donald Trump’s view of “American carnage”. The Woodrow Wilson once celebrated by Democrats as a progressive champion is now seen as a repressive despot. How does Trump’s legacy compare with the reputations of his predecessors?
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.