Ezekiel Emanuel: U.S. pharmacies have run out of the antibiotic amoxicillin. He says other drugs in short supply include albuterol inhalers, lidocaine anesthetics and saltwater infusions. The U.S. has allowed China to manufacture too many key generic medications and raw materials used to produce them. The fragility of these supply chains is a risk to national security and health. After microchips, drugs may be the most important products to bring back home.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.