Naloxone has been used for decades to treat opioid overdoses. It is safe and extremely effective, and can be administered by bystanders without any medical training. FDA is considering applications from two companies to make the drug over-the-counter. Hufford co-founded HRT as a nonprofit to manufacture naloxone. The other companies had already completed their clinical trials for the drug, but HRT had to start from scratch. As HRT conducted its trials, the FDA urged other companies to apply for OTC status.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.
- The intimate is political in its new iteration