Leland Lazarus: 10 Black foreign-policy professionals studied China in D.C. He says they provided fresh perspectives on relations between the two superpowers. Lazarus: Each government tells a story about itself that’s meant to win hearts and minds. China has sought to build solidarity with the Global South by comparing colonialism, racism with its own suffering. Black and Brown Americans are uniquely qualified to represent the United States abroad. To persuade the world of U.S. greatness, it is essential to make sure our representatives abroad look like Americans.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.