Ruben Navarrette: Gov. Ron DeSantis’s petition is a political stunt, not serious legal argument. He says it was probably inevitable, given still-simmering public anger over the pandemic. But that doesn’t make it any less depressing to read, he says. The right became consumed by conspiracy theories about bankers in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis. I spent years fruitlessly arguing for a less dramatic thesis that fit better with the facts. It was the same kind of thinking that made a pandemic seem impossible in March 2020.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.