Crowds calling for “cinema freedom” should spark reflection from Hollywood filmmakers and executives. The Chinese film market has been hit hard by the coronavirus. Some U.S. studios have simply written China off, assuming a box office of zero when greenlighting projects. The word “China” appears zero times in this nearly 5,000-word Hollywood Reporter feature. That’s odd not just as a human rights issue. Chinese audiences remain enraptured by the original “Avatar” of the 10 highest-grossing films of all time, only one failed to secure a release in China.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.