Buzz Aldrin: Without Walt Cunningham, we would not have walked on the moon. Cunningham was the lunar module pilot for the Apollo 7 mission. He was part of the Apollo 1 accident review board and helped redesign the Apollo capsule. The astronaut was a lifetime friend. He was in a special position to assess the platform for all subsequent Apollo missions. America cannot afford to lose its leadership edge in space, they said; we must return to the moon.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.