Eugene Robinson: Brazil’s right-wing riot was a shot-by-shot remake of the Jan. 6, 2021 assault on the U.S. Capitol. Once again, a mob, inflamed by false claims of election fraud, wreaked havoc in Brasilia. Hundreds have been arrested and encampments dismantled, he says. Frida Ghitis: Brazil’s new president, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, deserves much of the blame for post-election violence.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.