Michael O’Hanlon: Issue at hand is whether to provide Kyiv with modern, Western-made heavy tanks. We have already shipped to Ukraine weapons systems that would have been unthinkable a year ago. There has been a method to the West’s madness in sticking with the approach, he says. The United States and allies have directly assisted Ukraine in the killing or wounding of more than 100,000 Russian soldiers. Western weapons have provided Kyiv with the necessary lethal capabilities, and U.S. intelligence systems have been part of the kill chain. The “Goldilocks policy” will continue to work only if we recognize its risks.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.