As he faces a divided Congress, President Biden should dust off the presidential office hour. Woodrow Wilson, Harry S. Truman and Joe Biden should follow their lead, she says. Gridlock is inevitable, she writes, but what might be achieved if there were regular office hours? David Rothkopf: President Obama has chance to make Washington work again for the first time since Tip O’Neill, Ronald Reagan. He says Joe Biden’s meetings with Congress would be off-the-record, provide time for frank discussion. Members would benefit from building trust with president and each other.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.