Ilya Somin: Ukraine crisis created largest European refugee crisis since World War II. Biden administration established Uniting for Ukraine private refugee-sponsorship program. Private sponsorship allows Ukrainian migrants to enter U.S. far more easily than under conventional refugee admission system. Since April, at least 94,000 Ukrainians have entered the United States under the Uniting for Ukraine program. That compares to only 25,400 people from around the world during all of fiscal 2022. There is no real evidence that excruciatingly long wait times promote security or have other benefits.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.