From roughly the 1880s to the mid-20th century, Boston’s Puritan past supported especially aggressive laws aimed at suppressing material seen as salacious or dangerous. For many, the label “Banned” was a guarantee that whatever was banned must have been, well, interesting.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.