France has long been reluctant to play junior partner in an American-led enterprise. President Emmanuel Macron did his best to display his Gaullist credentials. Europe’s “strategic autonomy” is separate from the United States, he defined it in part as part of France.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.