Frida Ghitis: Nurses are increasingly playing a role in the ferment that’s called the Great Resignation. They are seeking not just a larger paycheck but also better working conditions, she says. Striking nurses wanted more than money; they wanted help, Ghitis asks. Between them, the two hospitals have hundreds of unfilled openings, she says. She says new contract should offer a test of competing theories about how things got this bad.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.