When Roe v. Wade was overturned in the U. Are there any comparable “long games” being played in Canadian politics? The goal most readily springs to mind is the progressive dream of a gun-free Canada. There is no Second Amendment in Canada, no constitutional right to gun ownership. In 2020, following a massacre of 22 people in Nova Scotia, Justin Trudeau wants a flat “ban on assault-style firearms”. In October, Trudeau declared a “handgun freeze” as a prelude to an outright handgun ban.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.