Abraham Hamadeh built his campaign around baseless allegations of election malfeasance. Voters rejected him and every other election denier seeking statewide office in Arizona. A judge rejected his court challenge of the result, but the race was close enough to trigger a recount. Arizonans showed discernment and put country over partisanship. But denialist forces prevailed in some down-ballot contests. Rep. Paul A. Gosar and Andy Biggs won reelection to the House despite their support for Trump’s plot to overturn the 2020 election.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.