The Judds were to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame on Sunday. The mother-daughter performers scored 14 No. 1 songs in a career that spanned nearly three decades. They earned a total of five Grammy Awards together on hits like “Why Not Me” and “Give A Little Love” Daughter Ashley Judd is an actor known for her roles in such movies as “Kiss the Girls,” ″Double Jeopardy’s, “Heat.” Naomi Judd is also survived by her husband and fellow singer, Larry Strickland, who was a backup singer for Elvis Presley. Naomi was born Diana Ellen Judd in Ashland, Kentucky,
More from LocalMore posts in Local »
- Friday seemed full of atmospheric drama. And routine, too.
- Pulling victory out of the bag at the North American Scrabble championship
- Former Bon Jovi bassist, founding member Alec John Such dies
- Midge Decter, social critic and leader of neoconservative movement, dies at 94
- Kathy Boudin, Weather Underground outlaw, dies at 78