Friday in many ways replicated conditions that may almost be routine for summer in Washington. Many may have looked with new wariness and heightened respect Friday at the release of pent-up atmospheric energies inherent in summer evenings. Many of the same conditions present Friday led to three deaths after a lightning strike across the street from the White House.
More from LocalMore posts in Local »
- Metro’s intentions to decrease inspections on 7000 trains are halted by the regulator.
- Pulling victory out of the bag at the North American Scrabble championship
- Former Bon Jovi bassist, founding member Alec John Such dies
- Midge Decter, social critic and leader of neoconservative movement, dies at 94
- Kathy Boudin, Weather Underground outlaw, dies at 78