Proposals to delay high school’s opening until 8 a.m. or 9:15 am will be debated in Howard County, Maryland. Nationally, school start times have been an occasional flash point. California became the first state this year to require public schools to open later. Montgomery County, Maryland, is studying the impact of later high school start times. The county’s high schools now open at 7:45 a.m., up 20 minutes earlier than in previous years.
More from EducationMore posts in Education »
- A fresh book is what students crave. Librarians are unable to purchase them due to limitations.
- In light of criticism of the college savings scheme, the Maryland 529 board chair resigns.
- The head of Fairfax Public Schools promises to address award notification delays.
- Overdoses among young people in Montgomery County rose 77% in 2022.
- What does a college education cost? States begin requiring institutions to provide the data