Juarez grew up in a neighborhood where nearly every student is from a low-income family. Jaime Escalante, who established high standards at Garfield, died in 2010 at age 79. Janice Juarez was shadowing teachers to see if math was meant for her when a math position became available. Juarez says it is slowly improving with the help of teachers like those at Garfield.
More from EducationMore posts in Education »
- A fresh book is what students crave. Librarians are unable to purchase them due to limitations.
- In light of criticism of the college savings scheme, the Maryland 529 board chair resigns.
- The head of Fairfax Public Schools promises to address award notification delays.
- Overdoses among young people in Montgomery County rose 77% in 2022.
- What does a college education cost? States begin requiring institutions to provide the data