New York City schools ban access to ChatGPT, an artificial intelligence bot. Users can ask the tool to solve an algebraic equation or complete a coding assignment. Teachers worried students would use the bot to cheat on essays and skip out on critical-thinking skills needed for long-term success. Some students have used it to cheat on assignments. Other large school districts say they have not yet banned the bot, but are looking at how it’s affecting students.
More from EducationMore posts in Education »
- A fresh book is what students crave. Librarians are unable to purchase them due to limitations.
- In light of criticism of the college savings scheme, the Maryland 529 board chair resigns.
- The head of Fairfax Public Schools promises to address award notification delays.
- Overdoses among young people in Montgomery County rose 77% in 2022.
- What does a college education cost? States begin requiring institutions to provide the data